Horizontal Solutions International continually seeks consulting partners who can expand our influence and deepen our expertise. We are the geonavigation industry leader, with a proven record for reliable, accurate, and indispensable geosteering consulting services. If you have experience in horizontal drilling, geonavigation, or exploration and production and would like to be part of our growing, dynamic team, please contact us.
Strategic Marketing and Business Development Manager
Reporting to the General Manager, the SMBDM will lead business development and sales efforts and expand the portfolio of products and services offered by HSI to companies exploring and producing oil and natural gas resources
provera uknjižbe stana Leadership and Collaboration:
- Lead the completion of a written marketing strategic plan as well as provide a budget to incorporate into the annual business plan
- Implement a marketing strategic plan and assess effectiveness in increasing market share and identifying new opportunities – both products and services – to better serve the exploration and production of oil & gas operators
- Provide an entrepreneurial perspective on expanding HSI’s revenue stream
- Recognizes industry trendsetters and recommends viable new products and services ideas through a deep understanding of the industry and researching related business events, publications, and announcements
- Locate or propose potential business deals by contacting potential partners. Discover and explore innovations and opportunities
Market and Client Assessment:
The SMBDM should be experienced in developing and implementing a strategic marketing plan, preferably in the exploration and production of oil & gas resources:
- Identify opportunities and manage client relationships through tools, e.g. client satisfaction surveys and field calls
- Engage early and participate in winning viable contracts
- Conduct competitive analysis and prepare written reports
- Make pricing recommendations based on the current state of the oil & gas industry, competitor’s service offerings, comparative strength of HSI software and the 2016 business and profitability goals
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market strategies, deal requirements, revenue potential, and financials. Able to evaluate options and make clear, concise recommendations
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying how to integrate potential new ventures, products or services with the current company’s business strategy and operations. Assess the risks and profit potential. Estimate operators’ needs and goals
- Identify gaps in the market. Provide ideas and a detailed plan for new products and services with forecasted revenues/ profit contribution
Branding and Marketing Activities:
- Coordinate and participate in trade shows, conventions and industry association meetings
- Recommend cost-effective advertising
- Leverage social media platforms. Review website and analyze traffic
- Implement client tracking system (CRM)
Key Performance Objectives and Indicators:
- Build in-depth profiles of targeted clients, including key decision makers, history with HSI and potential revenue/ profit
- Identify, research and implement of new products and services
- Increase market share
- Track direction of HSI revenue change versus rig count change
- Report on budget versus actual sales
- Participate in positive changes which impact HSI gross profit % (collaborative effort w/ HSI team)
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
- An entrepreneurial mindset strong in forward thinking, innovative problem solving, business and financial acumen
- Analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative, with the ability to structure analyses, develop answers and recommendations
- Demonstrated experiences in developing capture plans and strategies required to win new clients and retain current clients
- A track record of effectively prioritizing market opportunities and scaling a performance- and outcome-based organization
- Ability to work closely and cross-functionally with operations, information technology, field consultants/ geologists and sales team
- Expertise in sales management tools, plus negotiation and closing skills
- BA/ BS required (advanced degree in geology, marketing, business preferred) with at least 5 years of experience in business development, marketing strategies and sales in the oil & gas industry
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office. Demonstrated expert in Excel.
How to Apply
Please submit via email a cover letter of introduction, resume and references to
Subject line: HSI Marketing & Sales
Applications will be accepted through May 30th
No phone calls or snail mail, please.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the successful candidate has been selected. The most highly qualified candidates will be invited to participate in an interview process. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications.
HSI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Position Currently Unavailable
Petra Power User Position (Consultant/Part Time)
Company: Horizontal Solutions International
- Creation and maintenance of Petra project databases
- Understanding of 297 & 298 IHS data formats.
- Loading of geologic well data including raster log, LAS, directional surveys, formation tops and scout ticket information, etc into Petra projects.
- Maintenance and repair of Petra DB tables.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Creation of tops in Petra projects based on management input.
- Management of Petra zone attributes for various projects.
- Create and interpret structure, Isopach and zone attribute maps.
- Develop backup procedures specific to Petra to handle data restore issues and tests.
- Import map grid and cultural data (CDF & shapefiles) into Petra mapping module.
- Export various geologic data and reports for company geologist and management.
- Provide PETRA technical support for company geologists and IT personnel.
- 5-10 years’ experience as a Petra User and administrator with an E&P company supporting multi-disciplinary teams.
- Particular strength in Petra program database and table structure
- Strong computer skills and proficiency with Petra, Excel, Access
- Previous experience with IHS data downloads and searches
- BS degree required, Geology BS preferred